Finishing Touches To Remodel Your Bathroom
At last, the last tile is set and the last drop of paint applied. You have completed the heavy, dirty stuff and it’s now time to make your remodeled bathroom truly your own with a few personal touches. After all, with bathrooms evolving more into personal spas above and beyond the basic necessities, your imprint becomes ever more important to the finished "product".
All it really takes is some simple details of your own:
* Hang a shelf along a wall for displaying framed prints or small collectibles.
* Fill antique bowls or shaving mugs with pretty toiletries, such as soaps or bath salts.
* Consider adding a piece of outdoor furniture like a wicker chair or table if there’s room for it.
* Line an entire wall with mirrored cabinets. They will make the room look larger and more open.
* Colorwash wood cabinets.
* Try a colored stain to revive wood cabinets or a vanity. Mix and match colors by using a light-colored stain for the background and then applying a brighter color to some of the drawers.
* Add fresh flowers or flowering plants to the room.
* Include wall vases, old watering cans or window boxes to hold your favorite flowers. If your bathroom has a linen closet with a door, replace the door with a framed trellis or a reproduction of a Victorian screen door.
* Attach a beveled mirror to the wall over the sink and frame it with tiles.
* Make a big change with your shower curtain. A cloth curtain will be more expensive, but it will also look better, adding a truly classy note. Next best will be a nylon/cotton curtain. Either of these now come in a variety of styles and colors. Don’t bother with plastic - they look cheap, and they don't wear well. A clear shower curtain will be just plain tacky.
* With a multi-colored curtain, choose new towels and bathmats in colors that reflect those colors. For a striped shower curtain, get some solid towels in coordinating colors. Don’t match the pattern exactly, though, because it will look like too much.
You might well think of a few more ways to add your own touch. Feel free to get creative and try new things. Your house, and especially the bathroom, are a statement of your style and personality that family and friends will experience up close and personally. Don’t doubt your ability to express yourself!